“September is National Suicide Prevention Awareness Month. Suicidal thoughts, much like mental health conditions, can affect anyone regardless of age, gender or background. In fact, suicide is often the result of an untreated mental health condition. Suicidal thoughts, although common, should not be considered normal and often indicate more serious issues.
Every year thousands of individuals die by suicide, leaving behind their friends and family members to navigate the tragedy of loss. In many cases, friends and families affected by a suicide loss (often called “suicide loss survivors”) are left in the dark. Too often the feelings of shame and stigma prevent them from talking openly.” NAMI
- Event registration and start will be at 10 AM in the first campground on your right by the parking area at the Burke Lake Recreational Area and end in that same 1st campground after walk/ run around the lake and through the hiking trail.
- This can be customized to your own fitness level, walking/ running at your own pace or cutting it short where you feel comfortable.
- Feel free to join us at the end for a cook out! Water stations will be available throughout.
- Parking will be available in the camp areas and parking lot near the first camp area.
- Sunglasses recommended.
- On site registration can be completed. Cost is $25.00 which includes a t-shirt. Limited sizes available for shirts if registering the day of.